Sunday, February 8, 2009

Does age really matter? "Take care!"

...That night it was difficult for me to sleep...

...Thinking about him was agonizing for me...

I kept waking up until finally I became restless and fell asleep. Then after a few hours my phone vibrated...there was a text message. I was irritated then I asked myself "Who could be texting me this late?!"

Then I opened the message....it said:


"Good night! Hope you sleep well...take care!"
from: Luis
10:30pm


After reading the message my irritation instantly faded. I couldn't hide the happiness I felt and the embarrassing smile I did was on my face again. I kept imagining him until I fell asleep again ...

The next day, I woke up with one thing on my mind. Whether the text message I received from him was just a dream or a reality. I immediately checked my phone and I felt a sudden relief, the message was there and it was real!


For the first time I was excited for school because I would see his beautiful face.


After I arrived in school I went straight to my locker and there was a note attached.
The familiar acceleration of my heart beat came back as I opened the note:


Good morning Krissy! How was your sleep? Hope I didn't disturb you last night. See you at lunch.

Luis

I froze-up for a while then my senses came back and I was more excited than I was when I woke up this morning because now I was sure that I was going to see him.

Cassie called me and said that classes were about to start. Then I walked towards our room with no interest at all. I just wanted to skip classes and I just kept waiting for it to be lunch time.

Not one of our lessons entered my mind, it was all a blur... There were times I was asked by our teachers about our topic but I wasn't able to answer.

My excitement to see him grew more intense as it was almost lunch time. Then at last, I could see him! There was now life on my face and I was almost skipping to our cafeteria.



And there he was! Sitting at the table in the middle of the cafeteria. He was looking around then he saw me, and he smiled beautifully then I walked towards the table.

"You're late...." he said it with a playful tone.

"S-ss-sorry..." my voice was shaking.

"I'm just kidding you know" He was amused.

"oh..." that was all I was able to say.

He laughed and then asked me to sit down. He offered me some of his food but I refused and said I wasn't hungry but actually I was.

"C'mon don't you want to eat even just a little?"

"No, its okay..." I smiled shyly

"Uhuh..." he said it unconvinced of what I said.

There was silence for a while until I asked him a question that tortured me.

"Why are you having lunch with me? I asked him nervously.

He took a bite of his sandwich then stood up.

"I'll tell you later" then he walked out of the cafeteria.

I was then sitting alone at the table.


To be continued...


-by lj-

0 comments: