Saturday, February 7, 2009

Does age really matter? "I miss you!"

...I was the first one to get out of the room...


...I was so anxious that I even hit the door!...


And there he was sitting on one of the benches outside our room, waiting for me.
As usual my knees felt weak again and I couldn't help myself but to smile like a little kid.
He laughed that melodious laugh I loved so much then he approached me. Each step he took made my heart beat even faster. Then finally he was in front of me.



"So are you ready?" he asked gently.

"Ready for what?" I answered nervously.

"To tell me about what happened earlier."

"That was nothing, okay?!" I was irritated but I made sure that my tone was soft.

Even though I said it as softly as I could I was sure he noticed that I was a bit annoyed. He just looked at me apologetically and all I was able to do was smile and giggle that was a bit embarrassing. We then sat on the benches outside our room and started talking.


I asked him random questions that weren't really important just to be with him longer. I wasn't sure why he was with me or what he was thinking but I was just happy that he was there for me. Then something just slipped out of my mouth.


"Remember when we were always practicing for our presentation?" I couldn't look at him while I asked my question.


"Yeah. I do, why? there was an honest curiosity in his tone.

"Well...I kinda' missed those times and...." I didn't finish my sentence.

"And what? C'mon, tell me...please." his tone was enthusiastic.

I just couldn't say no to him especially when he smiles and it was so unfair that he had that advantage over me.

He was still looking at me and waiting for me to answer.

"Okay I'll tell you. I,umm... well... kinda' missed you too." I knew I was blushing and I couldn't look him in the eye. I just glanced at him quickly so that he wouldn't notice and his reaction was the opposite of what I thought, his smile was even more beautiful and his eyes looked at me differently in a way that I felt that I could melt. It was a great feeling and even though I was nervous I liked it.


Luis then spoke "Really? You missed me?" he said it with a bit of sarcasm.

"Yes, I did." I answered hesitantly without thinking.

Then he replied " Its okay, I assure you that you'll be seeing a lot of me here in school." He winked at me and his face was very convincing. Then he added "Oh! I almost forgot to tell you, I missed you too."

I just froze-up after what he said.


"Are you okay?"

"Yes, I'm okay" my voice was weak.


"Well I have to go, my cousin's probably waiting for me. I'll just see you, okay?"

"Umm..okay. Bye." He then stood up and walked towards the other building.


My eyes were on him until he was gone and my heart beat accelerated again.



To be continued...



-by lj-

0 comments: