Monday, February 2, 2009

Does age really matter?

does age really matter?











some say age doesn't matter, they say what's important is what's in your heart...

that's probably true,well...for some people anyway...but for me?I'm not sure...

I'm Kristen by the way...I'm 14 yrs old and in a few weeks I'm going to be 15.

I remember it as if it were yesterday...it was the first time i saw him well actually it was the first time i "noticed" him. He wasn't really my type and to be honest he was for me the kind of guy i would never fall for,but don't get me wrong he's not ugly or anything he's actually really good-looking. The reason why i said he wasn't my type was because well...he was 2 years older than me and i always neglected guys who are older than me and i always wondered why some girls actually "do" fall for older guys. I always told myself that i would never be one of those girls because falling for someone older than me was just weird. Sorry...that was a long intro...lets get back to the story. His name was Luis and i didn't know anything about him. It was only because we were paired together for a presentation in our school that i was able to get to know him. During our first practice we barely talked or even look at each other then out of nowhere he spoke "You're pretty quiet, am i that scary?" there was sarcasm in the way he said it. But still it made me smile and then we started talking and laughing, at first i was just being nice to him but i wasn't really interested but after a few days passed I got closer to him and I learned more about him and I was ACTUALLY very interested.



I was never the best-looking girl in our school and i wasn't confident with myself but every time we talked he would always say something that would make me smile and feel better about myself. For example, there was a time we had nothing to do and we were just watching the other students practice their intermission for an event and i just asked him without thinking "who's the prettiest girl in this room for you?" i looked at him afterwards and then smiled.



His eyebrow raised and he didn't answer at first so i repeated my question, then he answered "Wasn't i able to tell you that you look very beautiful?"he smiled at me then winked.

I immediately blushed and looked away and i knew he was still smiling behind me.

Then our teacher called us to practice our presentation.



I couldn't concentrate after what he said, then our teacher yelled "Luis! Your speech isn't written on Kristen's face!" and that's when i noticed he was still looking at me and i blushed even more than i usually did.



It was finally the day of our presentation and we were very tense. It was my first time and i didn't know if i could do it but he made me feel that i could. All the presentations were finished and they were announcing the winners and i was losing hope when suddenly they announced our names as the winners! We were overwhelmed and shocked....i immediately ran to him and hugged him. I was surprised because he hugged me back tighter than i hugged him.



There was a party after the event and there was dancing involved. They said i was a good dancer but i never experienced slow dancing and no one asked me to dance. I was standing alone when i heard a voice behind me "I was hoping you'd be here,so...would you like to dance?" my eyes grew wide when i saw him, he was more handsome now and in a strange way i was very attracted to him. This was what i kept denying to myself but after he held me in his arms that was when i couldn't deny it anymore and i finally admitted to myself that i was falling for him.



After i realized what i felt for him there was a trace of sadness on my face and he quickly noticed it then he asked me "What's wrong?" his face was very curious. I couldn't tell him the truth so i just shook my head. It was the kind of sadness i never felt before then he spoke again "I know you have a problem and it bothers me so if you need a person to rely on, I'm here for you." then he held me closer to him and i felt something i never felt before and i didn't want the music to stop so he wouldn't let go of me.





To be continued....



-by lj-

2 comments:

CALM said...

i'm waiting for the continuation..

:]]

Enchanted Wonder of Life said...

waah.
sa wakas.
nabasa ko na gd man.
cute2x haha.

comment on our blog.

~chocolocoe deputy~
=patbu=