Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Does age really matter? "I'm sorry"

...I fell asleep that night, still FURIOUS of what happened!...





I woke up the next morning looking horrible...my hair was a mess and I had dark circles under my eyes, since I was only able to sleep for a few hours.





...My mom asked me to move quickly because I was running late for school...I immediately rushed to the bathroom to take a shower then I put on my favorite shirt and the pants my cousin gave me for my birthday last year...



Though I already took a shower and fixed my hair there was still a trace of exhaustion on my face. "Why do I keep thinking about you?" i asked myself quietly.


My anger disappeared and replaced with the feeling of disappointment...I was disappointed of how he acted...the way he NEGLECTED me!

I went down the staircase of our school slowly as I thought of what would happen today. Would I see him again? Would he ignore me like yesterday? A lot of things ran through my mind and almost all of them didn't help with my situation. Then I heard a cheerful voice...

"Good morning buddy!"

It was Jeremy, he's one of my best friends and probably the most loyal since he has been my best friend since I was in elementary.

"Oh...good morning budz!" I said as cheerfully as I could.

Then I just went inside our room telling him some excuse that I had a headache. I was at my desk lifeless as a piece of paper when our teacher came in for an announcement...Apparently classes were cut short today for the preparation of the arrival of some visitors...most likely important people. We were then asked to help clean the school and decorate the stage in the auditorium. I went to the canteen to get the teachers' snacks and relieved that I wasn't asked to help in the auditorium, since it would just remind me of what Luis did.

When I arrived in the cafeteria I took the snacks then started to walk back to our room. I walked as slowly as I could since I didn't want to be asked to go help in the auditorium. I kept walking and walking until I heard a small voice behind me, almost a whisper.

"I'm sorry..."

It was Luis! He didn't look at me he was just staring down to the ground. I didn't know what to say I just stared at him nervously. Then words were able to come out of my mouth.

"Sorry for what?!" There was anger in my voice.

"Umm...for yesterday, I didn't mean to..." He didn't finish his sentence.

"Really?!" I answered with still a trace of anger in my voice, then i continued "You don't have to say sorry,I don't have...the right to be mad at you." The anger in my voice slowly faded.

"Well...you do because your my, umm..."


To be continued...


-by lj-

1 comments:

Enchanted Wonder of Life said...

Jeremy?
haha.

tc budz,

~chocolocoe deputy~