Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Does age really matter? "after the 1st dance"

....As much as i wanted for the music to keep on going, it just couldn't...





and after a while the song finally ended and so did our dance yet it was like we were the only people in the room and all our cares just disappeared...but reality kicked in when the song changed into something that was "rock". We had no choice but to let go of each other but i didn't want to, I just wanted to be close to him as much as I could. I was mesmerized by his eyes and I couldn't think straight and then suddenly he spoke "Thank you, I guess I'll never forget my first dance because you made it unforgettable" he smiled the most appealing smile I've ever seen then he walked away. I kept repeating those words in my mind again and again and at the same time I kept on imagining his face, his smile and the way he said those words. I didn't remember anything after he left because he was all I could think about...





The next day we had to attend the closing ceremonies and I was excited to see him again. I didn't know what to do I just want to spend time with him because I knew it could be my last chance. During the ceremony we were together but there was silence between us. None of us spoke and it was probably because we didn't know what to say after what happened during the party. I didn't want to say anything stupid in front of him so I turned to my side to talk to his cousin Emma, I got really close to her during our practices because she was always with Luis and she was like a sister to him. Emma was actually one of the reasons why I fell for Luis she always talked about him and all his great characteristics and how he sometimes talk about me...





I just kept on talking about things that I didn't really care about just to distract myself and to avoid looking at Luis and make a complete fool of myself, so while I kept going on and on about a story I remembered Emma just listened attentively. Then finally, the ceremony ended and we had to go back to our respective rooms. I didn't want to go home yet because I knew once I went home I would just get depressed so Emma asked me to go with them in their room and I immediately said yes!





When we arrived in their room Luis asked me "Do you want to eat something?" he said it with much enthusiasm in his tone. I wasn't really hungry so I shook my head and just thanked him for asking. He then smiled and said "Yeah, right!" then he just laughed. I just kept looking at him making sure of course that he didn't notice.



It was getting late and some students already went home. Luis asked me again "Is someone going to pick you up?" and I could tell that he was worried, and I know I shouldn't feel the way I did but I was happy. At first it was like I couldn't speak but then successfully I was able to and I answered "Yes, my parents are picking me up and I think they should be here by now so I better go." then I took my bag and I was headed for the door but then he stopped me for a while then he said "I'll see you in school!" he blushed a bit and all I was able to do was nod.



When I was out the door I heard him whisper "I really hope I do". I was caught off guard by what I heard and I felt weak for a moment but I knew I had to keep going and thankfully I was able to walk away without him noticing how weak I felt. I could feel my heart beat increase and I just ran immediately before my knees completely give up and I would collapse.



When I was inside our car I told myself that what I felt for Luis wouldn't last for long because these things always happen and now that we won't be able to be with each other like before he would just forget that he even met me. I also kept thinking that I shouldn't get my hopes up because he was more mature than me and he was smart, handsome and a gentleman so I asked myself "Why would someone like him fall for someone like me?!" for a moment I was mad at myself for not being good enough for him...





We arrived in our house and I went straight to my room to think more about my situation and what to do. I was ready to ignore him if ever I do see him and just act casual like I didn't even know him. I wasn't confident with my plan at all because despite what I said I wanted to be with him and just talk to him all the time, I was very confused and it was like my brain was being scrambled so I kept thinking of a better plan and I just fell asleep.



I was surprised when I woke up because it was already morning and I still wasn't able to make a good plan but the worst part was it was time for school again. Now, I had to go to school without knowing what to do if ever I see Luis.











To be continued...




-by lj-